HTCoach.blog

HTCoach is about the online soccer game Hattrick. It contains thoughts and advice about the game.

In Hattrick, I am known as kozlodoev. My Makedonska Slava (155279) is currently in I.1 Bulgaria. I've been in charge of the team since 2003. You can contact me via HT-mail, or at moonshield at yahoo dot com.

Google

Monday, September 19, 2005

Word Out

I remember those beautiful days in the end of 2003 when I was first starting to dabble in the world of Hattrick. I've had the team for a day, and after some thinking I decided it is smart to start training passing, because it helps both my midfielders and forwards. In short, I had a lot to catch up 2 seasons or so from then.

I thought I'd put some random advice for other new players together, just in case.

1. Start training a main skill. Main skills are goalkeeping, defending, playmaking, winger, scoring. This is the fastest way to create some value in your team. You can train passing, set pieces, and other fancy stuff later on if you so desire.

2. Speaking about value, in order to make it to the top, you have to earn money. A lot of it. Therefore, make sure you have the best coach you can afford (skill counts, not leadership!), and have a full set of youngsters to train. Even if that means losing some games in the short run, it will pay off later.

3. Watch the upper divisions! Do not run for promotion before you are sure that your team is strong enough to finish in the top 4 of an average division of the upper level. Playing against stronger opponents is certainly instructive, but getting beaten up like a dog is no fun.

4. Follow the conferences, and look at the games of more experienced managers. There is always something useful to learn.

With all this being said, make sure you enjoy the experience. Hattrick is just a game, after all!

2 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell them to read the rules, jay!:))))
They never do:P

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Jordan said...

Yeah, how did I forged this? This and some common sense usually helps with 90% of the newbie questions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home